Affiliate marketing has become one of the top business opportunities online because you can start with a low cost by generating a mind-blowing cash.
Affiliate marketing involves having your own site and sending your traffic to someone else’s site to buy their products or services.
For every sale initiated by a link from your site, you earn a percentage–an affiliate sales commission.
Affiliate marketing can be done on a part-time basis, and many are so successful that they’ve made it their full-time job.
Equally exciting, you can get in the game in just a few hours. The time and effort you devote determine how successful you are.
Make money online by using these six affiliate marketing tips:
1. Create a website or blog for your affiliate product
It’s also easy to set up a free blog through services such as Google’s Blogger blog network. I also used Finddigitaltools for domains and (get a reseller account) for hosting.
2. Decide your product/service niche
Affiliate marketers help companies and entrepreneurs sell everything from computers and cell phones to website services and how-to e-books.
Choose an area you’re familiar with or one you’re enthusiastic about learning. You’ll be more likely to do the work and less likely to get bored before the money starts rolling in.
3. Find products and services to promote
Many affiliate networks exist to connect merchants with affiliate site publishers who can help sell their goods. Companies such as:
- Clickbank, E-junkie and PayDotCom lead the pack in connecting the creators of e-books and software with affiliates to help sell their digital download products.
- Commission Junction is popular for those who want to sell more traditional wares ranging from travel services to janitorial franchises.
- Google AdSense, which doesn’t require your involvement to result in a sale. Your income is realized on a pay-per-click basis, just for leading your traffic to click to a merchant’s site.
PPC affiliate programs pay a lot less than programs where your referral must result in a sale. Keep in mind that a site peppered with ads and no authority or trust can look and feel like spam and you won’t get good results.
4. Affiliate site content
There are two main approaches or business models to choose from when setting up an affiliate marketing site:
- Resource Sites These sites are focused on offering lots of how-to articles and posts, and then provide affiliate links or banner ads to click for more details. Frequently adding fresh related content is vital because it gives people a reason to return to your site–and click some of your money-making links.
- Review Sites You’ve tried the products in your niche, now you write them up and rate them to help your site visitors decide what to buy.
- For each product you review, you provide a link or banner ad that clicks through for sales on your merchant partner’s site. Less frequent content updates are necessary–just tweak your site about once a week to let the search engines know your sites still alive, and always try to build links.
5. Affiliate sites must attract lots of targeted traffic to succeed
Most people visiting your website or blog won’t click your affiliate links. That’s why it’s crucial to employ a mix of marketing tactics to increase traffic–highly targeted traffic–to your site.
There are four main ways to get more site exposure and attract more potential customers:
- Paid Advertising: This is most effective when your ad copy headline, call-to-action message and graphics come together just right to compel people to click through and buy.
- Free Advertising: Sites like Craigslist and US Free Ads are but two of many popular places that accept links and banner ads for free. These tend to be affiliate marketing sites themselves, earning the owner money whenever you click their ads.
- Article Marketing: This popular marketing method offers several benefits. You’re building credibility as a reliable source in your niche, gaining a higher search engine ranking by increasing the number of links leading to your site and pulling traffic to your site. Work in an organic manner and don’t spam using software engines.
- E-mail Marketing: Every visitor to your site is valuable, so capturing their names and e-mail addresses to stay in touch is important. Many people might not buy your affiliate products until the third or fourth time they hear from you. So it’s crucial to place an opt-in subscription box on your site for people to start receiving a weekly or monthly newsletter from you, My personal favourite is mailerlite.
6. Learn the ropes in forums
These are online communities of like-minded people who exchange insights and ideas. Join at least one of these free affiliate marketing forums to benefit from advice shared by other newbies, intermediates and gurus alike:
- Digital Point: Huge, with about 25,000 active members. An excellent place to learn affiliate marketing tips, plus other techniques that impact your success such as link building and SEO.
- aBestWeb: One of the largest affiliate marketing forums, with nearly 100 sub-forums. Covers the broadest range of affiliate marketing-specific subjects, with heavy participation by numerous go-getter merchants and serious affiliates.
- Warrior Forum A killer networking forum for beginners and advanced alike. Set up a profile, start participating, ask questions and promote as well.
To do well, read all you can about the opinions, tool and strategies of both experts and peers. But before you even start, choose a niche about which you’re passionate. The more you truly enjoy what you’re immersed in, the more likely you are to transform your affiliate marketing and money-making venture into a huge success.
Did you enjoy this article? We give away 98% of our digital marketing resources for FREE. Right now, I want to prove that to you, join our community right now for FREE access to our actionable digital marketing resources to help you increase your sales and customer base online faster. It is absolutely FREE.