Do you know why your competitors are doing 750X better in sales more than you? It’s simply because you haven’t invested more in email marketing as much as you need to, thus you don’t know the benefits of email marketing.
In nurturing leads and customer retention, email marketing can guarantee an effective rate of 70% of your digital marketing strategies if done right.
In this article, we will show you:
- How to turn your leads into paying customers using the email marketing strategies we have used to grow our business.
- How to increase customer retention using Email marketing
- ..and how to up-sell to your already paying customers using email marketing..
Right now, if you’re not using email marketing, or you’re not using email marketing effectively, your monthly sales could be quite embarrassing.
The truth is many business owners do not know how important email marketing is.
But while these could be you;
Starting an email marketing campaign requires a bit of technical know-how, but for the sake of starters, check out this article on how to start email marketing for beginners.
There are lots and lots of benefits small businesses derive from email marketing.
No doubt that email marketing is important for every growth-minded online business. Its effectiveness cannot be denied and that’s why I want to share with you everything you need to know.
17 Benefits Of Email Marketing
Email marketing is one aspect of digital marketing that encompasses various marketing via blogs, websites, social media, and so on.
Before you start reading, I want you to know that this article is intended for those who want to know why they should use email marketing.
In this lesson, you will discover all the advantages of using email marketing for your business to grow your business and increase sales.
Let’s get right into it.
1. Easy to use
Among the many online marketing strategies, email marketing is one of the most simple and easy-to-understand tactics.
It takes no to simple effort to run an email marketing campaign.
It takes no real effort to run it seamlessly, and, if you carry it out well, the receivers of your emails will have no hard time checking what you have to offer.
This way, it is a win-win situation for both your business and your potential customers.
2. Save valuable budget
Email marketing enables you to save money and set a reasonable marketing budget for your business!
[bctt tweet=”with an email newsletter, you can work with a designer to design a custom newsletter template you can use over and over again, and get your message out much faster than good old snail mail.” username=”DMSInstitute”]
By going digital, you’ll avoid printing, paper, envelopes, mail handling, and postage costs.
Plus, with an email newsletter, you can work with a designer to design a custom newsletter template you can use over and over again, and get your message out much faster than good old snail mail.
3. More Personalized Messages
Do you know that more people tend to open and read from start to finish any email tailored and personalized with the receiver’s name?
This has increasingly boosted our email engagement and CTR over time, which has contributed to the high number of daily sales.
One of the sustainable ways to make your customers or clients feel valued is when you send out personalized emails.
That is one unique advantage or benefits of email marketing.
[bctt tweet=”With email marketing, you can easily speak to your customers in a very personalized and intimate way that is not possible with other marketing channels and avenues.” username=”DMSInstitute”]
When you send emails to your customers or clients they get thrilled and feel very highly esteemed.
With some other digital marketing tools, it becomes difficult for you to speak directly to your consumer in a personalized way.
However, email marketing presents many dynamic opportunities through which you can really achieve that.
Not only can you send a personalized email with your user’s name or login name, but many email marketing solutions offer the ability to feed in personalized information such as sales or purchase history.
With email marketing, you can easily speak to your customers in a very personalized and intimate way that is not possible with other marketing channels and avenues.
4. Boost brand awareness
Your brand awareness will certainly shoot off the roof if you have a very high number of email subscribers on your list.
Having a high email subscriber like this on the image below means that daily, more than 80% of this number gets to open your email.
Once you have a product or service you are pleased with and really want to share with the world, you want to build a brand to attract like-minded people.
While 26% of SMBs polled use email marketing for sales, just 7% use email as a brand-building tool.
[bctt tweet=”It helps you to get your business brand image and name in front of your audience more often by including your logo, tagline, color palette, and brand graphics in the template design of your email communications. ” username=”DMSInstitute”]
People who agree with your values, objectives or morals and people who see their problems resolved by your business.
There are many ways to attract these people… but then, how do you keep them on board ?
The good thing is, you don’t have to worry about that if you include email marketing as part of your marketing campaign.
It helps you to get your business brand image and name in front of your audience more often by including your logo, tagline, colour palette, and brand graphics in the template design of your email communications.
Seeing your brand elements in every email newsletter will build brand awareness and recognition — even if they would see it for a second.
5. Retention Optimization As One Of The Benefits Of Email Marketing
Some of the advantage of email marketing goes beyond boosting your business ROI.
Your email list can contain subscribers who have opted-in to your mailing list for over 5 years behind. This means that a strategic automated email, optimized and targeted at conversion can convert any new or old subscriber.
Boosting customer retention in your business is one of the many benefits of email marketing you probably have missed out in your strategies.
Sending regular emails can boost customer retention and as well encourage them to make more purchases.
[bctt tweet=”You should focus on sending the right message to your subscribers to keep them coming back for more, and to recognize your brand as the authority that it is.” username=”DMSInstitute”]
80% of retail professionals indicate that email marketing is their greatest driver of customer retention (the next closest channel? Social media, identified by just 44% of those same professionals).
In fact, you can use consistent emails to regain customers that have fallen off the grid and lure them into coming back.
A good way to do this is by sending out “We miss you!” emails, or offering something of high value for relatively less amount. These emails would be sent to previous clients who have not made a new purchase within a time period set by your team.
There are tons of ways you can use email marketing advantages to boost your business and attract old customers. It is important to remember that as a marketing tool, your message is important to get these benefits across.
6. Very easy to measure
With report features, tracking your performance over time against different variables becomes quite easy using email marketing tools for any business.
With this, you can track emails with the best open rate and CTR, high conversion, and low complaint.
Email marketing platforms like MailChimp, Maileirlite etc. make it easy for you to track and evaluate key metrics like open, bounce, and click rates which is one of the key benefits of email marketing in your business because of it’s trackability feature.
[bctt tweet=”Email marketing metrics can you give important insight into the behaviors and interests of recipients” username=”DMSInstitute”]
These metrics can give important insight into the behaviors and interests of recipients.
For example, you can determine which content resonates best with potential customers and which days have the highest open rates.
Then, you can tweak your campaigns based on your findings to get the best possible results.
7. Increased ROI As One Of The Many Benefits Of Email Marketing
Using email marketing for any business, an email with high CTR has an increased effect on the sales of any business or product.
If you are not investing in email marketing, you tend to lose your email subscribers to your competitors, and you lose every chance of converting your subscribers to buying customers.
The ROI of email marketing is better than any other marketing.
About 59% of B2B marketers say email is their most effective channel in terms of revenue generation.
If you can work your email strategy into your broader content strategy, the results will prove worth the work (especially where ROI is concerned).
According to the Direct Marketing Association Statistical Fact Book, email marketing has a HUGE return on investment (a whopping 4300%) and is considered the most effective of digital marketing tactics according to Ascend 2 and Research Partners.
It doesn’t matter who you are or what your business is; everyone should be optimizing their email marketing as part of their overall marketing strategy…it’s inexpensive, easy, and has a monumental ROI.
And don’t forget, there are always good folks out there to help when you don’t have the inclination or time to do it yourself!
See this blog post by WebpageFX to learn how to increase your ROI.
8. Helps to connect with your target market
Email marketing is a proven way to connect with your target market. During the pandemic, we used email marketing to communicate with our audience, resulting in a significant increase in brand and customer connection.
86% of business professionals prefer to use email when communicating for business purposes.
Email marketing helps you stay in touch with your audience on a regular basis, keeping you top of mind and at the tip of their tongue.
This ensures that when your services and products are needed, they will buy from you or refer their friends, family, peers, and contacts to you.
9. Increased Website Credibility Is One Of The Benefits Of Email Marketing In Business
[bctt tweet=”Consistent, quality email marketing that is relevant, on-topic, and full of value will help you earn and grow the trust of your target market” username=”DMSInstitute”]
Credibility is very important when it comes to digital marketing and lead generation. Consistent, quality email marketing that is relevant, on-topic, and full of value will help you earn and grow the trust of your target market making it much easier for you to then promote and sell your products and services.
10. Educate your current clients
How did you feel when you got a mail from an email list you opted-in to and felt great because you got a lot of value from the branded email?
This is exactly how brands keep their products or business in your mind by providing value to you through daily emails.
This is what you’ll learn in the next paragraph.
Your email newsletter is a great place to keep your clients up to date with what’s new in your business.
By sharing what you’re working on and what’s going on, you can also keep them informed of the products, services, and programs you have available for them — and maybe entice them to hire you or buy from you again.
[bctt tweet=”Your email newsletter is a great place to keep your clients up to date with what’s news in your business.” username=”DMSInstitute”]
11. Attract new opportunities
Did you know that nearly 105 billion emails are sent each day; this number is expected to reach 246 billion before 2020.
Now ask yourself, is your business using email marketing to stay on top of your game?
Publishing an email newsletter can help you generate new opportunities such as strategic partnerships, joint ventures, media interviews, speaking engagements, and more.
All it takes in the right person to see your message at the right time — and the opportunity may not even come from a subscriber, but from someone, your e-zine (electronic magazine) was forwarded to.
[bctt tweet=”Publishing an email newsletter can help you generate new opportunities such as strategic partnerships, joint ventures, media interviews, speaking engagements, and more.” username=”DMSInstitute”]
12. Create new streams of income
As other many benefits of email marketing, you can use your email newsletter to recommend as an affiliate, products, programs, and services you have used yourself or truly believe in and earn commissions on any sales made from your referrals.
Once your list grows quite large, you can also sell ad space in your e-zine.
13. Expand your network
You have been missing out on all the leads you could have generated from other digital marketing funnels without it.
This is most likely the reason why you don’t have an email list for your business.
Here’s a simple Sales Funnel that can help you Generate Leads and Grow Your Email List for Your Business:
Now, that you have seen that, let’s break it down in understandable bits for you.
Email marketing grows your network and builds your list through website opt-in boxes. See an example below.
It helps you to get visitors to provide their name and email, granting permission for email marketing and offers. Another legit means to grow your list.
14. Organize your industry knowledge
Your email newsletter articles can be repurposed into an eBook, whitepaper, guide, or free audio for content marketing.
You could also utilize the newsletter to test content topics, subject lines, and headlines. Or transform your most popular content into valuable information products or opt-in incentives.
Do you know that the number of people who read your blog posts and spend an average of 10 minutes minimum on a daily basis increases the chances of your blog posts ranking on google?
This is one of the key SEO strategies you’re missing out from your business because you’re not using email marketing as a way o grow your business.
While I will split this into details as you read down this article, see this image where we used email to drive my audience back to our website by putting links of our blog post on the email body.
Drive your email newsletter subscribers back to your website by promoting recent blog posts in each issue.
Repurpose your e-zine content or archive your e-zine articles on your blog to attract new visitors via social media. Share your e-zine articles on article marketing and article sharing sites to gain exposure and visibility for your brand.
16. Email marketing makes communication frequent
Some organizations send email marketing thrice or twice a week depending on their business schedule.
Email marketing is not time-consuming and that takes less time to create and send than compared to other marketing channels and that allows communication to be more frequent.
[bctt tweet=”Email marketing is not time-consuming and that takes less time to create and send than compared to other marketing channels and that allows communication to be more frequent.” username=”DMSInstitute”]
17. Marketing Automation
What if I tell you that more than 80% of emails you from the email lists you subscribe to are automated and scheduled for a particular time and date?
See the image below of how we use Aweber to automate an email to send anytime in the future. This is one of the many benefits of digital marketing you’re probably leaving out only for your competitors who can automate tens of emails to go out to your mutual audience.
With email marketing automation, you can easily communicate with your customers more frequently.
Email marketing automation is the use of software, such as MailChimp or Mailerlite to send targeted emails at specified times or in response to certain actions your customers take.
[bctt tweet=”With email marketing automation, you can easily communicate with your customers more frequently.” username=”DMSInstitute”]
It’s all about reaching customers with the right message at the right time. In fact, 49% of businesses use some form of email automation.
Email marketing automation helps to achieve these:
- Increases transactions through personalization.
- Maximizes impact with segmented emails.
- Boosts revenue.
- Aligns with the customer’s purchase cycle.
- Keeps leads engaged through drip emails.
Email marketing is essential for any business’ digital marketing strategy. It’s highly effective in boosting ROI and achieving annual sales targets.
One of its key advantages is its long-term impact. Subscribers from years ago can become customers today with the help of email marketing.
Need help in implementing email marketing strategies?
FAQs on Benefits of Email Marketing
How to make money with email marketing
Making money with email marketing involves several key strategies:
- Build a Quality Email List: Start by collecting a list of engaged and interested subscribers. Focus on quality rather than quantity.
- Segment Your List: Divide your subscribers into segments based on their interests, behaviors, or demographics. This allows for targeted and personalized messaging.
- Create Valuable Content: Send informative, relevant, and valuable content to your subscribers. This builds trust and keeps them engaged.
- Promote Products or Services: Gently promote your products or services within your emails. Use persuasive language and compelling offers.
- Automate Email Sequences: Set up automated email sequences, such as welcome emails, abandoned cart reminders, and follow-ups, to nurture leads and drive conversions.
- A/B Testing: Experiment with different email subject lines, content, and designs to optimize open rates and click-through rates.
- Monitor Analytics: Keep a close eye on email metrics like open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates. Adjust your strategies based on these insights.
- Affiliate Marketing: Partner with relevant affiliate programs and promote affiliate products or services to your email list. With this, you can earn commissions for every sales made.
- Sell Digital Products: Create and sell digital products like eBooks, courses, or templates to your email subscribers.
- Offer Exclusive Deals: Provide exclusive discounts or offers to your email subscribers and incentivize them to make purchases.
- Sponsored Emails: Partner with other businesses to send sponsored emails to your list in exchange for payment.
- Consulting or Services: If you’re an expert in your field, you could also offer consulting services to your email subscribers.
Are email marketers in demand?
Yes, email marketers are in high demand in the digital marketing industry. Email marketing remains a crucial and effective channel for businesses. As a business owner, you can engage with your customers, promote products or services, and drive conversions. Moreover, several factors contribute to the demand for email marketers:
- Personalization: Personalized email campaigns have become increasingly important with the advancement of technology. Businesses seek skilled email marketers who can segment audiences and create tailored content for this purpose.
- Automation: Automation tools and strategies in email marketing are in high demand to streamline processes and deliver timely, relevant messages.
- Data Analysis: The ability to analyze email marketing metrics and optimize campaigns based on data-driven insights is a valuable skill.
- E-commerce Growth: With the growth of online shopping, businesses rely on email marketing to drive sales. This has made e-commerce companies particularly keen on email marketing expertise.
- Customer Relationship Management: Email is a key component of customer relationship management (CRM). And professionals who can nurture and maintain customer relationships through email are in demand.
- Lead Generation: Businesses use email marketing to generate leads, making lead generation skills a valuable asset.
Relevant Posts You Should Also Read:
- How to Start Affiliate Marketing for Beginners | Step by Step Guide
- Mobile Marketing Strategies That Will Increase Engagement and Sales
- 3. Email Marketing Strategy | 11 Tips Digital Marketing Experts Use Today
- How To Get Customers Online | 15 Ways To Find More Clients For Your Business
- SEO vs SEM | What Is The Difference Between SEO and SEM?
- 5 Incredibly Useful Digital Marketing Components For Small Businesses
- Twitter Marketing Guide | Getting Started With Twitter, Strategies & Tips For Business
- Benefits Of Instagram – 8 Reasons Why All Brands Should Use Instagram
- 13 Best Email Marketing Tools (Software) to Boost Conversion and Sales